Tuesday, April 22, 2008

3.25 Miles – 4 - 400’s < 85” Athens H.S. Track

I know you can't believe I have a new post, but here it is...a pic of the day, and my thoughts on some passages I was looking at today...enjoy or something.
Fightin' Texas Aggie Class of '26

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Joshua 7
This really jumps out and gets me because of two things. First, God says, essentially, “Quit Whining, Quit Sinning & Quit Losing!” I mean, God had made the covenant and said that He'd bless His people, all they had to do was obey Him, their provider and protector, and here Joshua is thinking, possibly, that God just up and runoft from them...God's response makes it clear that there is a time to talk, and that there is a time to act. Secondly, this story show how the people of God become God’s instrument of operation, so-to-speak, and are the manifestation of His Judgment, Emotion, Will, Etc. If God uses His people as that tool for judgment, then it stands to reason that we should also act as His instrument of Total Compassion, Love, and Care as well.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Psalm 133;
Wow! I guess I've just never noticed this passage before...so many times we're focused on church unity as the alternative to a negative thing and here God the psalmist paints such a vivid picture of the goal and reward of loving each other...complete sanctity and holiness and a real life!

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Psalm 135:15-18;
Vanity!! Our idols are nothing, in that they have no truth to speak, no way to hear or help, no breath of life in them…they are dead, they are actually just…not. Where as our God is…He Be!

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Isaiah 55:1-7;
If you are in need, broken, hurt, thirsty…Come to the source, often imitated, never duplicated; come to God and be satisfied…Come to him while He is near and easy to find…Just leave everything behind, He will receive you and have mercy unlike any other.
v.8-9; God is so not like us in so many ways…I guess it makes sense then that we’d go to Him to get something different than what we’re getting in the world…
v.11; God’s Word…He doesn't waste it, there's nothing like it, there's nothing today that does what it does..

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: John 11:11-14;
Sometimes, honestly…we’re just kind of dumb. Gives me a little confidence every time I read because it shows God really can use anyone to accomplish His will...12 sometimes numbskulls and a dead guy...I mean, c'mon.

BibleGateway.com - Passage Lookup: Ephesians 4:25-32;
I love Grace R….I mean no matter what, she’s mine…period, forever…but do I take pleasure in the moment when she’s lied or done something quite different from her formed character? What do you think?

No comments: