Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Fair-Weather Blogger Am I...

I guess I am what I am: Mr. Only Blog When I Have Ample Free Time (Which is Never) Guy. Sorry. Lately its been crazy, but now the dust has cleared and I'm gonna share what I can.

Running & Running Reports were briefly interrupted when I had the honor of hosting Phil Robertson, AKA "The Duck Commander" at our church recently for an event. Planning and pulling that one off was a doozy, but still managed to steal a quick pic, see God move in awesome ways, hang with the Fam and run a little.

Running May 13 - 19: 2.5 Miles on Road (20min)...yep thats it.

May 19 - 25 Summary:

  • Mon. 4Miles - AHS, w/ 2mi buildup
  • Tue. AM - 2.5Miles on Road, Strength Training (ST) @ Cain Center PM - 8Miles, Tyler State Park (BCD)
  • Wed. - 0
  • Thur. - 0
  • Fri. - 2Miles with Boo (Running Puppy in Training)
  • Sat. - 10 Miles Tyler State Park Loops w/ Daymon & Jason
  • Sun. - 2.5 Miles with Boo
  • Total For Week: 29 Miles

Also, after running Tyler Saturday, I realized that I needed to publish "Boog's Short List of Good Aggieland Eats" so here it is:

  • Dixie Chicken: Go during the day (not GameDay) and get the best burger in the world with "tijuana fries" which are french fries with a couple of cheeses melted over them served with ranch.
  • Free Birds: Monster Burrito...nuf said
  • Cafe Excel: The Go-To Date Place
  • Juneks BBQ (Wellborn, Tx): Grab your pork bbq sandwich to go and grab some chips and a drink at the gas station, then go to the community center about a block back that consists of a tin roof over a slab with picnic tables sitting next to a small cemetary...picturesquely texan.
  • Mi Cocina (original on Hwy 21 close to Producers COOP in Bryan): if you really unlucky you'll have to sit under my big picture on the wall next to my favorite table. order the Beef Fajita Enchiladas...muy bueno.
  • Los Nortenos: Especially if you go by Mi Cocina and they're siesta-ing. Nortenos is different and is on Main St. in Bryan...different but big portions and very good - old school.
  • Laynes Chicken...awesome sauce with a bite and "tub o' butter texas toast" - Simple and Good.
  • Wings & More: Lots and Lots of Great Fried and BBQ'd food. (try mixing your honey mustard and gravey together for your strips...yummy)

Let me know how it goes if you go...

No comments: