Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Beachin' We Will Go...

Training Summary: 5/26-5/31,
After knocking it out of the park last week, this week should be great right? "We'll see", said the zen-master.
Mon: 3.75 mi @ AHS, No Good ---Quit Early, because i's suckin wind early.

Tue: Resting Because Aforementioned Bonk

Wed: 6mi (48min), Road - Good, Strength Trng @ CC

Thur: 3mi @ AHS, 400m Intervals

Fri: Running Crazy to Get Gone to Florida

Sat: Driving To Destin, FL

Sun: 3mi @ Destin, FL -- Hot & Humid. By the time I outran the "captain's platter" the humidity caught up with me.

It's 106 miles to Chicago, we got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses....or something not quite like that, but either way, 660miles after pulling out from Athens, Tx we landed in Destin, FL no worse for the wear. Off a reccommendation from the staff @ Hampton Inn, we walked the 100yds to the Back Porch for some beach-side belly-stretching artery-clogging din-din. I'm planning on 3 long runs while here, so last chance to hurt myself on some fried food. There's something about this whole blue water / white sand / nice breeze thing that works...wish we could bottle it. Flo & Grace (who are always the most beautiful girls in any room i'm in) really take my breath away on evenings like this.
Sunday was spiffy as we slept late, ate late, and then picked Cody, Ang & the Beeler Girls up at the airport and headed for our ultimate destination: Watercolor Resort, FL. This place rocks and we got straight to the beach via bikes and bike trailers and just chilled for the rest of the day. Looking forward to a week of this and running on their seemingly limitless supply of trails. Lucky for me most everybody in our house likes to sleep in, so I'll get to run, get my study on, drink some coffee, and wake up everyone with a hearty breakfast.

One thing that I'm pondering...what is the point of a vacation? What should a person be more like on the other side of one? Can't say for sure right now what I'll be more like, but know that I hope the extra R&R strengthens the roots of who I am, that is to say: More God, More Fam, More Runnin, More Peace, More Love...More Fresh Air.

No comments: